Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Preschool Philosophy

I love teaching! I taught Jr. High science for 5 years and am currently Sunday school to the 15 year olds at my church. What I got tired of in the public school system was all the "other" things that go along with teaching (politics, high stakes tests, etc.) I have decided to work with the little ones. What I want for your child, and mine, is for them to enjoy learning. While we will work on reading, writing, science and math we will integrate these skills with art, games, music and play. I want to help each child progress academically and become more ready for kindergarten, but more important to me is that children develop a positive attitude about himself or herself. I will help create a positive attitude by helping them learn appropriate behaviors, complete tasks, achieve goals, learn to share and function in a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment